Here’s a simple recipe for a DIY strawberry sugar scrub anyone can make.
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or your favorite essential oil
- Mini Mason jars
What to Do:
- Put strawberries in a sealed baggy and use a rolling pin to crush them into small fragments.
- In a small bowl, combine crushed strawberries and cane sugar.
- Add coconut oil and either vanilla extract or essential oil (to give your scrub the scent of your choice) and mix well
- Spoon your scrub into the Mason jars and seal.
Sound Fun? It’s also a great gift idea. Here are some extra tips:
- Add decorative labels or bows to make your scrubs “gift-ready”
- Any DIY bath product with sugar can attract ants. Be sure to properly seal your scrub and rinse the tube after use.
- Brown sugar is less abrasive and is a good alternative for sensitive skin.